North Carolina Car Donation (NC)
Below you will find the most common answer to questions about car donations in the State of North Carolina, NC.
Donate Your Car in North Carolina NC
If you don't find an answer here, please call one of our trained, friendly Vehicle Donation Operators toll-free at 800-304-8983 seven days a week:
- 7am to 8pm Mon through Fri (PST)
- 9am to 6pm Sat and Sun (PST)
1. Who will benefit from my North Carolina (NC) car donation?
Your tax deductible donation will go a long way in helping the breast cancer charity you are passionate about. Our main goal is to improve the lives of as many breast cancer patients as possible by uniting dozens of supporting foundations under one unique program. Each charity offers different services relating to breast cancer, from prevention to support to aid. CarsForBreastCancer.Org’s program allows donors to select the breast cancer charity they feel most passionate about. Read more...
2. Will there be any cost to me?
There are absolutely no costs for you. Just fill out the online car donation form, or call one of our friendly Vehicle Donation Operators toll-free at 800-304-8983 seven days a week and they will help with your concerns.
3. What condition does my car have to be in to donate it?
We accept most vehicles running or not (exceptions include fire damaged or stripped vehicles). To find out for sure, fill out the online car donation form, or call one of our friendly vehicle donation operators toll-free at 800-304-8983
4. What documents do I need to donate my car in NC?
We would like the title/pink slip to the vehicle, but it is possible to donate without them. Just call one of our friendly vehicle donation operators toll-free at 800-304-8983 seven days a week and he/she will guide you through the easy donation process. On arrival the tow truck driver who is professionally licensed, bonded and insured, will help you with all paperwork.
5. What if I don't have my title/pink slip?
It is possible to donate without the title/pink slip. Please call one of our friendly Vehicle Donation Operators toll-free at 800-304-8983 seven days a week and they will assist you.
6. What areas do you service in North Carolina?
We arrange for pick up of all types of vehicle and automobiles and other donations throughout the state of North Carolina. Some of the main cities we service include Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro, Durham, Winston-Salem, Fayetteville, Cary, Wilmington, High Point and Asheville.
7. Can you explain the procedure for picking up my donated car?
Once you have called us or filled out our online automobile donation form, you will be contacted by one of our representatives who will arrange to have your vehicle towed away by a professionally licensed, bonded and insured North Carolina towing company. You will be given a receipt which is a release of liability and shows the IRS that you are authorized for a charitable deduction. Got questions? Just call one of our friendly Operators toll-free at 800-304-8983 seven days a week and they will go over the process with you.
8. How long will it take for you to pick up my car in North Carolina?
Once you have contacted us, one of our trained operators will arrange to have your vehicle towed away at your convenience by a professionally licensed, bonded and insured towing company. Just call us toll-free at 800-304-8983 seven days a week and we will help set up the vehicle pick-up.
9. Do I have any liability issues to worry about?
When your vehicle is picked up by our certified towing company, you will be given a receipt that releases you from future liability of your donated vehicle. Our friendly Vehicle Donation Operators are standing by at 800-304-8983 seven days a week and they will help with any questions you may have.
10. Is my donation IRS tax deductible in North Carolina?
Yes, your car, boat or auto donation goes to benefit a bona fide charitable organization classified with the IRS as a 501(c)(3) non-profit. However, individual tax situations may vary so please check with a tax professional to determine what if any tax benefit you may receive from a tax deductible donation. Just call one of our friendly vehicle donation operators toll-free at 800-304-8983 seven days a week and they will help with your IRS tax deduction questions.
11. How do I figure out the IRS requirements for a charitable donation in North Carolina?
The IRS provides a Donor's Guide to Car Donations which sets forth the manner in which the IRS requires you to determine the value of your donated property. Here are some useful links:
- Publication 526, Charitable Contributions (PDF)
- Publication 561, Determining The Value of Donated Property (PDF)
- Publication 4303, A Donor’s Guide to Car Donations (PDF)
- Form 8283, Noncash Charitable Contributions (PDF)
- Instructions for Form 8283, Noncash Charitable Contributions (PDF)
If you still have questions, please call one of our friendly car donation operators toll-free at 800-304-8983 seven days a week and he/she will help you on your IRS charitable donation tax questions.
12. How do I estimate the value of my North Carolina car?
Online assistance with vehicle values can be found at:
13. How do I contact you to schedule a pick-up?
Fill out our online donation form, or call one of our friendly vehicle donation operators toll-free at 800-304-8983 seven days a week and we will guide you through the donation process.
14. What type of donation do you accept?
We gladly accept all donations! Whatever you donate will help someone in a desperate circumstance. Examples of vehicle donations include the following:
15. Useful North Carolina car donation information sites:
- North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles: Official Driving and Licensing information for the state of North Carolina.
- North Carolina Vehicle Title Information: Provides useful information about vehicle title you will need to know for car donations in North Carolina.
- Vehicle Title Forms for North Carolina: Forms that might be useful to you for car donations in the state of North Carolina such as title salvage application, replacement title application and others.